Attention

"If you don't understand the message, it's not meant for you"
"If I'm wrong in any way, please correct me in any way"

-Ammar Zufar <-click to Google him!

click here if the text is too small

Monday, October 29, 2012

Labels

Chanel, Polo Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Tommy Hilfiger, Juicy Couture, Lacoste, Gap, Brooks Brothers..
 ref:http://www.pvmgarage.com/2010/07/worlds-top-10-fashion-brands-and-their-websites/


Oops! That's not the kind of labels that I want to talk about. What I really want to talk about is labels that are branded to people by people. But before that, I want to apologize for using the word, "pig" in phrases such as,   "Come on, you fat-bellied pigs!" in my last post, which is referring to all government servants. I'll humbly take back my words i.e. "I want to apologize for using the word..", because I don't have to apologize. Why? It's just words. If it hurts you, you just have to suck it up. I don't think you or anybody else should apologize because anything can hurt anyone, intentionally or not. Like for instance, I see somebody throw out rubbish from their car, I(my feelings) got hurt. I don't think he/she should apologize. I think he/she should pick it up and put it somewhere appropriate. I got hurt from words, action of people, inaction of people etc.. And you don't have to lie to me saying that is not happening to you. I mean, the real situation here is, if you are not admitting it, you're just lying to yourselves. Doesn't matter. Point is, labels are just words. And words have many definition. And definitions can be set by "the" standards(dictionaries) or your own standards.

Surat 'Āli `Imrān (Family of Imran) - سورة آل عمران  

3:64



Sahih International
Say, "O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you - that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah ." But if they turn away, then say, "Bear witness that we are Muslims."
ref:http://quran.com/3/64

Like what stated by Quran that I quoted above, GOD told the people who seek guidance by mean of books, let us set/define a standard of communicating that is acceptable and fairly understandable between the people involve. If the people "turn away" or refuses to accept the standard, just say, "Look at us, we are Muslims", implying that the way of the Muslim(one who submit to the will of GOD) brought the Muslim to where and what they are now. The other(non-Muslim) can be the judge to the Muslim. When a lot of people agree that it is not good to judge others, Allah told the people to judge the Muslim. My statement is by no way implying that the "Muslim" are the best of people, but I'm implying that if you see a "good" Muslim, his way of life("deen"/religion) is what lead him to be like that as do the "bad" Muslim with their ways. Not every "Muslim" follow what is required for them in the Quran as do the Christians with their bibles. The words of the priest or preachers is not the word of GOD.

So, how should we react to the labels? What about speech and expression? Is there any freedom? Maybe we'll discuss about this later. Till then, salam.

No comments:

Share With The World